Solar energy advantages that benefit everyone…and everything.
The benefits of commercial-scale solar energy extend far beyond the revenue you’ll generate each month. Solar benefits the world economically, environmentally and socially. Here’s how:
Economic PV Solar Energy Advantages:
- Can be permitted and installed faster than other traditional or renewable power plants.
- Produces local, on-site energy, which reduces the need for extensive high-voltage transmission lines or a complex infrastructure.
Environmental PV Solar Energy Advantages:
- Clean, quiet and visually unobtrusive in nature. Solar energy plants do not have any polluting emissions, do not make any sound, and are not considered to be an “eyesore.”
- Uses little to no water in the production of zero-emission electricity.
- Has a predictable energy curve and is most efficient when utility rates are at their highest.
- Can be placed in virtually every geographical region because the sun is available everywhere.
- Offsets the need for polluting, expensive and inefficient power plants designed exclusively to meet peak demand.
Social Solar Energy Advantages:
- Creates clean, renewable energy that will sustain and support the health of future generations.
- Is a distributed generation (“DG”) energy source that can mitigate national security concerns about energy disruption.
- Supports national energy independence because solar electricity is used where it is generated.
- Creates good, local jobs for the new energy economy. In fact, solar energy creates more jobs per megawatt hour than any other energy type.
- Reliable over the long term. With no moving parts, fixed photovoltaic systems last longer than other energy sources.